Small Wood Duck House
Dump nesting occurs when a number of females lay eggs in a single house, which sometimes results in clutches with over 70 eggs. Mississippi State University did a study of Wood Ducks in an effort to reduce this problem. A smaller nest box was designed and dump nesting was reduced. Although fewer ducklings are fledged from each box, the survival rate is improved and the cost per fledgling is less. The front opens for observation.
- Appropriate opening size (3 x 4) for Wood Ducks
- Has a wire internal ladder
- Comes with wood chips as required for nesting material, which should be renewed each nesting cycle
- Includes appropriate ventilation, drainage and opens for easy clean-out
- Sustainably grown 1 thick Eastern white pine provides superior insulation
- Handcrafted with pride in Maine